So I had this great big post recapping the "Blades of Acktar" series that I was going to put up for this blog tour because I just came off a first-time binge and I thought it would be cool... and then I promptly ran out of time because it's December. Yep. As of now, I'm still planning to put that post up in the near future when my other obligations have calmed down, because I really like it and I hope y'all will too.
But today, I still have a very exciting post for you because today, I'm reviewing "Decree", the newest book in the series!!

Let's just hop right in, shall we?
Decree

Author: Tricia Mingerink
Genre: Fantasy short-story and novella collection
Content: Mentions of quite a bit of violence, though none explicitly shown.
Synopsis:
The Adventure Continues.
Discover more of The Blades of Acktar in this collection of novellas and short stories.
The Blades as They Should’ve Been
A test and the Gathering of Nobles will decide Leith and Martyn’s futures. Can they fight to become more than the Blades they were? Will Keevan accept what it means to have the man who attempted to kill him as family?
The First Mission
When Martyn visits Surgis, his past seems determined to haunt him. Can he figure out how to forgive, especially when confronted with an enemy in need of his help?
To the Far Great Mountains
A death sends Leith and Martyn far beyond the borders of Acktar. Will they be able to arrest their quarry before they are caught themselves?
From the story of how Leith and Martyn met to Ranson’s search for a life outside of the Blades, these stories will answer plaguing questions and expand the world of Acktar.
What I Thought:

((there may come a day when I don't use Psych gifs to show my emotions... but this is not that day))
THIS WAS SO DARN CUTE. and painful. BUT CUTE.
I've adored getting to know these characters that I've heard so many wonderful things about, and now I'm fully invested in their lives and I'm so happy these short stories/novellas exist. Leith, Renna, Brandi, Jamie, Martyn, Shad, Jolene, they're all here living their best lives and I am here for it. Some of them were obviously sad (these characters just have a lot of pain okaaay) but some of them were so full of fluff and happiness that it kinda made up for it. (make no mistake, Tricia's still mean to her characters. but she can also be kind to them and that's a great thing.) I'm not going to talk ships or anything because SPOILERS but let's just say that all of my ships are sailing and I couldn't be happier about it.
If you're a fan of the series at all, I can't recommend this highly enough. Even if you just want to read fluff about Brandi's birthday. Because that one was awesome.
Overall Rating: 5 adventures out of 5
About the Author:
Tricia Mingerink is a twenty-something, book-loving, horse-riding country girl. She lives in Michigan with her family and their pack of pets. When she isn't writing, she can be found pursuing backwoods adventures across the country.
Connect with Tricia! Her blog ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Goodreads
Grab a copy of "Decree" on Amazon here and add it to your Goodreads shelf here!
Be sure to also check out Jaye L. Knight's newest releases, Bitter Winter and Lacy! (Ilyon Chronicles is definitely on my binge list ;) )
Oh, and make sure you go say hi at the other blog tour stops! You can find the whole schedule right here! OH AND there's a GIVEAWAY going on!! Tricia and Jaye, amazing as they are, are giving away a full signed set of The Blades of Acktar and Ilyon Chronicles!! How cool, right? You can enter that right HERE!!
And I thiiink that's all I have to share with you! (let's be real, I probably forgot something... but anyway...) Highly recommend this series. And that's about all I have to say so... bye for now!

wait I lied i'm not leaving yet I forgot to tell you that I may or may not have made a playlist and a pinterest board for this series. yes, i'm a dork. okay bye for real.
~ Abby

I love Psych!! I think it is a perfectly appropriate way to express excitement about the series! :-D
ReplyDeleteHaha, thanks! I love it too :D
Delete