Monday, December 14, 2020

The Joy of Christmas Book Tag {12 Days of Christmas}

It's that time of year again! The 12 Days of Christmas Link-up is back!! 


I said to myself, earlier this year, "self, if Faith does 12 Days of Christmas again, we're going to participate."  Spoiler alert, Faith did indeed decide to host it again, and thus, we find ourselves here.  I'm pretty hyped, and I hope you are too! 

We're starting simple, with a book tag that I stole from my awesome friend Rachel, because what is Christmas for if not stealing tags from people you admire?

Let's jump on in! 

1) Anticipation: 
The Christmas excitement is real; What release(s) are you most anticipating?



There are quite a few!  I think the top one has to be Lament, though.  I've been looking forward to this one since I read the first book last year!  Also, can we talk about this cover?? *heart eyes*


2) Christmas Songs & Carols: 
What author can you not help but sing its praises?


I've got to hand it to Marissa Meyer, the Lunar Chronicles are a masterpiece.  Each one wouldn't let me go, her characters are full and real, she's the queen of that old writer advice of "what's the worst thing that could happen to your character? do that thing" because WOW do the characters go through some stuff. 


3) Gingerbread Houses: 
What book or series has wonderful world-building?


No one builds a world quite like Tricia Mingerink.  Especially in her Beyond the Tales series.  Tallahatchia is a fascinating world that I've so enjoyed getting to explore more in each book of the series! 


4) A Christmas Carol: 
Favorite classic (or one that you want to read)


This one, luckily, is actually pretty easy for me, seeing as it's my favorite book of all time.  I adore The Magician's Nephew, and the whole Narnia series, with all of my heart.


5) Christmas Sweets: 
What book would you love to receive for Christmas?


There are quite a few indie-published books that I would love to see under the tree this Christmas, and this lovely one (and the rest of its series) is definitely on that list.  (You can check out my full review to see how much I loved it, lol)


6) Candle in the Window: 
What book gives you the warm, fuzzy feelings? 


Every one of Tara Grace Ericson's books have given me all the warm fuzzies, but especially Poppy's Proposal.  Something about that friends-to-lovers, marriage-of-convenience plot, man. 


7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: 
What are some of your favorite book covers?





I mean?? Can you even??


8) Christmas Joy: 
What are some of your favorite things about Christmas 
and/or some of your favorite Christmas tradition? 

- Opening presents at our house on Christmas Eve, and then at our grandparents' house on Christmas Day. 
- Watching White Christmas with my sister at the beginning of the season. 
- Listening to all my favorite Christmas music.
- Just... the feeling in the air.
- Like, the world is happier for a bit. 
- People are kinder. 
- There's a joy around in the decorations and the music and the fake snow (FL life, lol) 
- I don't know how to describe it, but just the feeling of Christmas is my favorite.


And there we have it!  Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas! (it's actually more like 7 for me, but go with it, haha)  Make sure you check out all the other amazing posts

In the spirit of Christmas, there's also an awesome giveaway going on! You can enter it by clicking this link right here! :D

Merry Christmas!

~ Abby

4 comments:

  1. These covers are DIVINE. <3

    Thanks for joining the party again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? I love them so much!!

      And thank you for hosting the party again! :D

      Delete
  2. Christmas tags are so great!
    Your Christmas traditions sound lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete