Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Best of Hallmark Christmas Take 2 {12 Days of Christmas}

Welcome back to the 12 Days of Christmas!  (Or more like 7 around here... oops xD)  Today, I'll be recommending some of my favorite "comfort" movies; that's right, we're talking Hallmark! 


Now I don't know about you, but there's something about Hallmark Christmas movies that just brings me joy.  Maybe it's the typical small-town charm, maybe it's the predictable romance, I don't know why exactly I love them, I just know I do.  So here are 8 of my favorites.  (And hey, be proud of me, only one of these involves a royal. ... most of my faves with royals are on this list here, if you wanna know what those are, lol)

- One Royal Holiday -


We'll go ahead and start with the royals since this film features my favorite queen of any Hallmark movie hands down.  She's so cool, lol.  This movie was a ton of fun, and starred some true Broadway royalty in Laura Osnes, Aaron Tveit, Victoria Clark, and Krystal Joy Brown, which led to some truly gorgeous singing scenes that made my Broadway-loving heart SO happy.  Plus, the story was adorable, which is always a plus.

- Write Before Christmas -


Chad Michael Murray Hallmark movies can be hit-or-miss for me, but this is by far my favorite.  It follows Jessica, who writes five Christmas cards to the people who shaped her life, and each of those cards, in turn, changes them for the better.  This one's just so sweet and lovely and gives me all the warm fuzzy feelings <3 

- The Christmas Bow -


This one is new this year, and it's maybe among my top 3 Hallmark movies ever, man.  I just adored everything about it.  The lead actress is actually a ridiculously talented violinist, Michael Rady is one of my favorite Hallmark leads (and this isn't the only time he's on this list), the story was unique, and I cried both times I watched it.  If I could recommend just one movie from this year's line-up, it would probably be this one.  (Also Gavin is #bestwingman and I love him, lol)

- Small Town Christmas -


Love story between an author and a bookstore owner?  Check.  Small town with an obsession with Christmas?  Check.  Love interest is the guardian of an adorable young child?  Check.  Kristoffer Polaha in sweaters?  Check.  Yep, it's a great one.

- Cranberry Christmas -


I didn't mean to put all the Movies & Mysteries recs together, but here we are. xD  This one was so unique!  Unlike most Hallmark movies, this one follows a married couple who have fallen out of love, but end up having to act like they're happily married in order to secure business for their small town.  And I absolutely adored it.  Nikki Deloach and Benjamin Ayres have excellent chemistry, and I'm just wondering how they've never done a movie together before, lol.  

- Christmas Waltz -


Say hello to my favorite Lacey Chabert movie since A Royal Christmas.  This one was so charming!  Was it the most realistic?  No, but I don't exactly come to Hallmark movies for them to make logical sense, am I right?  The dancing was so fun, and I actually thought the plot was pretty unique!  (Also can we talk about how proud I was that technically she broke up with her fiancé at the start of the film instead of the other way around?  Because yes, girl!)

- Two Turtle Doves -


See, I told you Michael Rady would be back!  This one gives me ALL the feels, as both the main characters deal with grief and find comfort in Christmas.  I laugh and I cry and it brings me so much joy.

- Christmas Town -


Candace had to make at least one appearance on this list, right?  This is one of my all-time Hallmark faves, another one that has all the feels.  I adore the adoption storyline, it's so sweet!  


And there you have it!  I think the lesson we've learned today is that some of the Hallmark movies coming out this year are so good, and I'm so glad.  I needed some good Christmas movies this year, y'know? 

Make sure you check out the other 12 Days of Christmas posts from today!

Have you seen any of these movies?  Let me know what you thought in the comments below! 

~ Abby

4 comments:

  1. I really like Hallmark Christmas movies!
    Write Before Christmas is one of my favorites!
    I’ve also seen Small Town Christmas, Cranberry Christmas, and Christmas Waltz! :)
    Some of the other ones on your list are ones I hope to watch soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss I always love finding fellow Hallmark fans, haha!

      Delete
  2. I've heard lots of good things about Write Before Christmas! <3

    ReplyDelete