Sunday, December 16, 2018

Christmas Books I Want to Read - 12 Days of Christmas

Welcome back to another day of the 12 Days of Christmas link-up!  I've been getting so into the Christmas spirit, and I can't wait for the next few days! 

Today, we're going to be talking about my favorite thing - books!  Specifically, my TBR pile.  Which, to be completely honest, is very intimidating at the moment, but that's okay.  I have a nice little stack of Christmas books I want to read (that will very likely carry me into January) and I thought I'd share them with you today!


Let's start shuffling this pile and trying to keep it upright, shall we?


1. A Christmas Carol
17465799

To be frank, I feel it's almost a crime that I haven't read this yet.  Partially because I've had it for almost two years now, and partially because I've always wanted to read it.  I even read the first page awhile ago and was snickering from just the first line!  I have this feeling that I'm going to love this book if I ever just buckle down and read it.  Somebody tell me to go read it.


2. Because of Bethlehem
29580594

Another one that I feel shame at not having read.  Our youth group did the group study for this last year and I absolutely loved it.  I got so much out of it that I bought the book... and then proceeded not to read it.  But, in my defense, my sister was reading it.  ...not much of a defense, I know xD  But I really do want to read this this year!


3. Shepherds Abiding
71783

I've read a grand total of 2 Mitford books, and while book 2 wasn't my favorite, I've heard that that's a lot of people's opinion.  I don't know that I'll read the rest of the series, but I want to read this one.  Because Christmas specials are my weakness.  Also it sounds adorable.  Yeah.


4. The Bridge
13547154

I've read a couple of other of Karen Kingsbury's books in the past, and I really enjoyed them (even when they left me a blubbering mess), so I'd love to try this one out!  Also, it's not very long.  That's always a plus for me, if an author can tell a full story in fewer words.  (Oh, and this one also sounds adorable.  So that's great.)


5. Red Boots
36573613

Okay, if I don't read this one this Christmas season, someone poke me.  It's a short story.  I can do this.  (Honestly, I don't really know much about it other than it's by Kate and I love her and her writing so I will probably love this.  Yeah.)


6. The Nutcracker
26062959

(I would not say no to a bonus re-read of The Snow Queen xD )  This is the gorgeous Barnes and Noble classics edition I have, and in the very back is The Nutcracker, a story I've heard forever but never read.  I'm really excited about it, and again, it shouldn't take me too terribly long.  (Side note, did anyone else love the Barbie Nutcracker movie as much as I did?  Because I loved that movie, oh my goodness.)


7. The Perfect Christmas
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37671834-the-perfect-christmas?ac=1&from_search=true#

Technically, this one isn't out yet.  But guys, I'm SO EXCITED FOR IT.  "One Christmas in Winter" was the cutest thing (I'd kind of like to re-read it this year as well?) so I can't wait to see what Bell has cooked up next!  I'm sure it'll be adorable and heart-warming and perfect for the holiday season!  (see what I did there? hehe)


And that's it for today!  Have you read any of these books?  What's on your reading list for this season?

Be sure to check out the rest of the posts for today by visiting Faith's blog!  (She's pretty awesome.  You should give her a follow while you're at it.)

Merry early Christmas!

~ Abby

4 comments:

  1. I've read numbers 1 and 4. They were good! 2 looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! I can't wait to read them! :D Thanks for reading, Eliza! <3

      Delete
  2. A CHRISTMAS CAROL. THE BRIDGE. RED BOOTS. Go read all my favs! xD

    ReplyDelete