Who else loves a good Hallmark movie around the holidays? (Or three or four... or many more than that xD) Yes, they're cheesy. Yes, they all have a very similar plot line. But good grief, they're fun.
I'd like to say I'm not easy to please with these but to be honest, I get sucked into them way too easily. Particularly the ones with princes. I don't know why I love those so much...
ANYWAY let's not talk about my type in men and just talk about the movies, yes? *tries to keep a straight face and dies laughing*
1. The Mistletoe Promise

(also can we talk about how cute this poster is?)
The first time I watched this one, I walked away thinking "Wow... that actually had an original story-line!" They've made like... fifteen more with the "fake dating" trope since then but this one still holds up. Fake relationships that turn into real relationships are just the cutest, oh my word.
2. A Royal Christmas

(this is not the only time Lacey Chabert is on this list xD)
Remember that thing about princes? This was the one that started that for me. The relationship in this one is just so PURE. Also this one starts with them already dating, so there isn't any insta-love. Which I appreciate.
3. Switched for Christmas

This one was just so. much. fun. Two handsome guys, misunderstandings, twins who trade lives, it's jam-packed with great things.
4. A Nutcracker Christmas

Ballet! The Nutcracker! Feels! This one has it all! Just for the dancing portions alone, I love it, but it comes with a truly heart-warming story-line as well. And all the costumes are just *heart eyes*
5. A Crown for Christmas

Bonus points on the royal front - this one is about a king. xD No but really, I love the ones that have to do with kids and this one was just so darn cute. It's my absolute favorite when the kid of the love interest start to love the main character and that's when he starts to realize that he loves her too... GAH it just makes my heart so happyyyy.
6. Pride, Prejudice, and Mistletoe

(see, I told you she'd be back, lol)
This one is new this year and other than using my least favorite trope (guy overhears something he wasn't supposed to overhear but leaves right before she explains herself and then he's all sad *rolls eyes*), it was really great! I loved all the references to P&P, though I don't think Luke is the greatest genderbent Lizzie Bennet name. (I would have gone for Eli) It was really cute!
7. Christmas Joy

I didn't know how I was going to feel about this one but like... it's got cookies, childhood friends-to-lovers, and one of the cutest couples I've seen on Hallmark in awhile. What's not to love? (no but seriously, they're really cute. and their banter! is so good!)
8. A Shoe Addict's Christmas

Was this really cheesy and kind of ridiculous? Yes. Did I adore it anyway? Also yes. It was a Christmas Carol-esque plot with a heart-warming message and hey! there's faith content in this one! Which is really cool!!
And there's the list! Sorry about the short post, but you know... holiday craziness.
What's your favorite Hallmark movie? Do you have a soft spot for the royal ones like I do?
~ Abby

i love Hallmark, but i literally have not seen any of these ones 😭 thanks for the recs!
ReplyDeleteHaha, well now you have a list! :D I liked them all a lot!
Delete*dies laughing over "my type of men"* A Royal Christmas is the only one from your list that I've watched—and it was so much better than I expected?? <33 Lacey Chabert is the best.
ReplyDeleteweeeell… *cough* xD I know right, it surprised me so much the first time I watched it!
DeleteA ROYAL CHRISTMASSSSSSS. Lovely list, girl!
ReplyDeleteYES. Thanks, girl! :D
Delete(I know I'm super late but anyway...) A Crown for Christmas is one of my favorites!! And A Royal Christmas is lovely as well! Great list, Abby! :D
ReplyDeleteI hope you and your family had a fabulous Christmas and are having a great New Year so far! <3
(no worries!) They're both great! :D And thank you! <3
DeleteSame to you and yours!