So for today's 12 Days of Christmas post, I'm going to share some of my favorite Christmas music albums so that you can get in the spirit with me!
(Just click on the album art to play it on Spotify!)
1. That's Christmas to Me - Pentatonix
Favorite tracks - Mary, Did You Know // Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
If you haven't listened to Pentatonix Christmas album yet, what have you been doing? xD I remember the first year we got this, it was basically all we listened to. Every track is just brilliant.
2. The Heart of Christmas - Matthew West
Favorite tracks - Leaving Heaven // Christmas Makes Me Cry // O Come, All Ye Faithful
This album is just plain fantastic. I don't think there's a track I don't like. It's really good.
3. All I Really Want for Christmas - Steven Curtis Chapman
Favorite tracks - I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day // The Miracle of Christmas // The Night Before Christmas
SCC is one of my favorite artists in general, but his Christmas albums are really great. This one just has a sense of comfort for me.
4. Christmas - Francesca Battistelli
Favorite tracks - Christmas Is // You're Here // Marshmallow World
This whole album is a lot of fun. Francesca has a nice balance of fun, upbeat songs and slow, meaningful ones. But that's true of most of her albums, lol.
5. Joy - Avalon
Favorite tracks - Joy (to the World) // Light a Candle // We Are the Reason
Y'all, this album is my JAM. Joy (to the World) and Angels Medley are two of the Christmas songs that get me dancing the fastest. I always end up jumping around and singing at the top of my lungs and I love it a lot.
6. All My Christmases - Jillian Edwards
Favorite tracks - (I mean, there's only 4 tracks but) Mary's Lullaby // O Holy Night
Jillian Edwards is one of my favorite artists in general (I love her voice so much oh my wooord) and her little Christmas EP is a really great one. They've all got a great, lilting quality to them that make them really fun to sing along with.
7. Songs of Winter - The Hound + The Fox
Favorite tracks - What Child is This/Child of the Poor // We Three Kings // God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
This duo is new to me this year, and this album is completely new this year! I love their whole vibe, it gives me much the same feelings as Jillian Edwards' music. It's very folksy but not annoyingly so. Great for chilling or going to sleep to.
8. The Spirit of the Season - Voctave
Favorite tracks - Mary, Did You Know // O Come, O Come, Emmanuel/The First Noel/I Wonder as I Wander
Voctave (also known as EPCOT's Voices of Liberty) is one of the most incredible acapella groups to ever grace anyone's ears ever. Trust me on this and just click the link.
9. Home for Christmas - BarlowGirl
Favorite tracks - Carol of the Bells/Sing We Now of Christmas // Hallelujah (Light Has Come)
Anybody else remember BarlowGirl? They were my sister's favorite band for awhile, and I still really enjoy their music. Their voices lend perfectly to Christmas music.
10. Into the Silent Night - For King & Country
Favorite tracks - Glorious // Baby Boy
This is another EP (the extended edition that this links to has 6 songs) but it's a great little collection. 4K&C puts on an amazing Christmas show, I've been to it, and the album really captures the feeling of being there.
Honorable Mention: Christmas is Here! - Pentatonix
Favorite tracks - Everything but "Sweater Weather", tbh. (("Sweater Weather" is ewww))
HAVE Y'ALL HEARD THIS YET?? I didn't want to put two ptx albums on this list but they had to go and release an incredible new album and who am I to say no? They continue to astound me with their arrangements. How do they do it with only five voices?? HOW???
If you want to hear some of these albums shuffled together with my other faves, I have several Spotify playlists all about my favorite holiday!
what child is this {gentle lullabies and songs of the Savior}
jingle bell rock {bops, jams, and songs that make me want to dance}
light of the world {songs about the first Christmas}
So that's my list! What would your list include? Have you listened to any of these albums (or are you going to listen to them?)
Per the usual, be sure to check out everyone else's awesome 12DoC posts!
~ Abby












Yessss—to like basically all of these. Christmas music is the bomb. xD
ReplyDeleteYes it isss <3
Delete