Merriest of Christmases, my friends!! I hope you're all having a wonderful day full of family, friends, food, and most of all, God's love!!
I LOVE CHRISTMAS. I just do! I'm sad that the season has peaked and will start winding down, but it's been a great one, hasn't it? I participated in 12DoC (and had a fantastic time!!), I got Christopher Robin Funko Pops from my amazing brother, I got to spend time with my family and friends, our church's annual drive-through nativity went really well, it's been really excellent.
I thought today, for the final day of 12DoC, I'd let y'all into my stories a little bit. I know I don't talk about them a ton on here but since it is Christmas (and I often wonder what my characters do this time of year), I'd like to share that with you!
I have a lot of story ideas whirling around in my head at any given time. But right now, my main attention is on my untitled book which I refer to as Tasia's Story and I've been working on since January 1st of this year! So it's almost a year old. My little book baby is growing up. <3
The story centers around Tasia (obviously xD), her best friend Nigel, a princess named Katya, and her guard, Julian. It's a tale of them becoming friends in spite of mob boss fathers, assassination plots, and very ugly cats. And how do I think these kids would spend Christmas?
Well, in their world God is called Kaam, so it probably wouldn't be called Christmas. It's... Kaammas… Kaamtide… idk I haven't decided what it's called yet, but it's basically the same thing. People exchange gifts, time is spent with family, lots of food is eaten.
Thing is, Tasia and Nigel don't have families, they've formed their own. So they totally spend every holiday together, exchanging gifts they could get their hands on, which is usually something practical like socks or mittens (that they probably made because both of them can knit, my savvy little crafters).
Katya and Julian both have families (well... Katya has both parents and a little brother and Julian just has his dad but), so they spend the holidays with them. Katya and Niko come bouncing in to their parents room, bursting with excitement and anticipation at what awaits them under the massive decorated tree in the entry hall of the palace. Julian and his father probably have a rather formal exchange of gifts (all extremely practical) before Katya drags Julian into her celebration and showers him with baubles and generally useless things that he keeps on his one shelf of chaos in his otherwise pristine room.
Once Tasia and Nigel join the palace staff, they find that the whole palace staff eats a massive meal all together, laughing and singing and being generally jolly. Also they totally have a white elephant exchange. And Nigel totally ends up with something completely ridiculous while Tasia gets a pair of socks.
And at the end of the day, they all go to sleep with happiness like they haven't had in a long time. Which makes me happy too.
What do your characters do for Christmas (or the equivalent of Christmas)? And what are YOU doing for Christmas?
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! MERRY CHRISTMAS! JESUS IS BORN AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF!!!
(no but seriously, I hope that you have a very merry holiday and a wonderful new year. Thanks for sticking around through these [less-than] 12 Days of Christmas, I had soooo much fun, and I already look forward to next year!)
Wishing His blessings for you and yours,
~ Abby

Gahhh, your book sounds JUST SO NEAT-O. I loved the peek into your storyworld. :D
ReplyDeleteI suppose I can't say merry Christmas (since I'm terribly late at catching up on commenting...), so happy new year! So glad you joined 12DoC - 2018. :D
Awww, thank you!
DeleteHaha, Merry [late] Christmas and a very happy new year to you, girl! Thanks for hosting 12DoC!!! :D